The Limited-Income Laundry-to-Landscape Gray Water Program seeks to increase the participation of limited-income households in Tucson Water’s Gray Water Rebate Program by removing the upfront costs to install gray water irrigation systems and making these systems more affordable. With funding from Tucson Water, our program provides a grant of up to $500 and a zero-interest loan of up to $500 for your household to pay for a laundry-to-landscape system. We will also help you apply for Tucson Water’s rebate of up to $1,000. If you obtain a loan, you must make a deposit of $20.00 or 10% of its value (the higher amount will be applied). Most loans are for 12 months. A permit will be required to modify drainage plumbing/piping from any fixture. A permit will not be required to use a pre-existing gravity stub-out from the washing machine. Tucson Water will reimburse qualifying costs when a permanent gray water irrigation system is installed at your home.
Do you qualify?
- Tucson Water customer and account in good standing
- Attend a gray water online workshop (SERI workshop preferred)
- Adjusted gross income is equal to or less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (see chart below)
- Homeowner of a single-family dwelling
- Renter of a single-family dwelling (with signed letter of agreement from landlord)
- Property taxes paid
If your household adjusted gross income is equal to or less than 100% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) you qualify for a grant of up to $500. If your household adjusted gross income is great than 100% of the FPL but less than or equal to 200% FPL, you qualify for a grant of up to $300. If needed, loans of up to $ 500 are available to all households that meet the requirements for our program. If you obtain a loan, you must make a deposit of $20.00 or 10% of its value (the higher amount will be applied). Loans are for 12 months.
- Gray water irrigation systems.
- Program covers design costs (up to $200), materials, and installation.
- Program does not cover hoses and other non-permanent fixtures, bathroom remodel materials, workshops, plants and sales taxes.
Attend a Workshop
No upcoming events. Please check back later.
Steps of the program
*Our program is currently only available to Tucson Water customers.
For more information and/or questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.